Friday 18 September 2009

Orchids and Ordinary life


Morning all.

This morning I went with my Dad to do some work at a local Botanic Garden.
I did some spraying after Dad showed me how, to get rid of some mealybug which was on the leaves of many of the orchids. We managed to clean out the pump spray wotsit thingy, which was good, as it was full of green sludge and whatnot. However, it was falling to pieces, and it eventually gave up the ghost so Dad had to blitz the last bit while it held out (leaking air) and then took it back to his house when we left, in order to repair it.

Anyway, we made progress and one of the ladies there did several repots which is good, as we needed to keep that going.

After that I came home and performed my new violin piece to Dad, shabby, but none the less, beautiful music even if my unpracticed self didn't do it justice (which it didn't!).


I also managed to excecute a really tricky card flourish called The Eye Cut, in front of Dad, which I was quite pleased about!

This is a performance by the man who created the display, Bone Ho:



No one performs it like Bone!
I'll have to explain card flourishing at another point.


In the evening we left for Youth Club.

We played some rounders which was fun, and then we went indoors as it was dark which presents problems when you're trying to hit a ball and not the backstop!
I did another eye cut and wowed everyone which was great fun.
DF lead the study, which was looking at the introduction to book which is a guide to the gospels.

J and H bought various sweets, crisps and drinks to restart the tuck shop which we've not had for ages. It went down really well, and they collected £5.80 on the spot and had several IOUs beause people didn't have money with them as they'd not had a reason to bring it :-)

Pretty cool stuff.

Tomorrow we have Ebenezer's 40'th anniversary. Quite a long time. They thought it sensible to rent THREE portaloos.... hmm. I'll leave it to you to wonder why they thought they'd need 5 toilets in total. Hey ho. The Church has been converted into a massive dining area. It looks fantastic.

We'll have to leave the celebrations early to go to Prom Praise in Llandudno with the All Souls Orchestra. Should be good. It always has been!

Oh, I'm going to suit up for both events! Any excuse ;-)

Night ya'll!

-Dave

4 comments:

CATachresis said...

my pump spray wotsit thingy gets a bit clogged sometimes too! you need to keep it free flowing if you can :P

You have such a busy life Davy!!! Will you remember it all for your memoirs? lol

David said...

Remember what?

;-)

Simon said...

Busy busy busy indeed! Just one point to point out that the spray was organic and harmless to us, and you did it with supervision and permission etc etc.

Apart from that disclaimer....

I enjoy the trips to the bot gard too, and it is more fun than it used to be. Missed you there last weds but glad the Llyn was so beautiful for yoall.

Now I have forgottin.........

;-)
(Da')X

David said...

Glad it's fun!

Yeah, I was going to write about the nice friendly spray, but I forgot :-( My bad!

-Dave