Monday 14 September 2009

I'm still alive!

Hello blog!

Wow, it's been such a long time.

I've got several more exams since I last wrote. I now have 8 GCSE's, (A) English Lit, (A) English Language, (A) Geography, (A) Physics, (B) History, (B) Religous Education, (C) Biology, (C) Maths. I also have two Grade 5 qualifications in theory and practical music, which is equivelent to a Music GCSE.

I've just got back from Cefn Lea, a Christian home educator's holiday (alternate years also have a conference). Had a fantastic time, and loved meeting my friends again. So much like a big family.

I went on the teen panel, and got asked questions by adults and children about my experiences with HE. I was nervous, but soon realised everyone was on my side, cracked a few jokes, and answered questions, including some from a woman who had just taken her children out of school for the first time. I hope she found my advice helpful!

Lots of people said I did well apparently, so I'm chuffed about that :-)

I had a photo taken atop a mountain overlooking Cefn Lea, (see my display picture) and it was edited by a member of my card flourishing and magic forum (www.the-3c.com), Andrew, who did an amazing job of making an amazing picture look.... more amazing!



Today I had a good look at my Open University course material and also their website. I'm starting a course in "The arts past and present" on the 3rd of October. Scary stuff! I'm feeling more confident about it the more I look at it though, so that's good.

Tomorrow I've got to head off at 8:45am and play with the Brass Band outside some local counsellor's workplace or something. It's a protest against the proposed closure of most of the local Sports Centres (including swimming pools) which would be a terrible blow to the community, and also the island's economic system.

I'll leave this post as it is now.

Good to be back!

Peace out,

-David

3 comments:

CATachresis said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere!! :>)

I'm in no doubt you socked it to 'em good. Goodonya xx

Simon said...

Nice to see you back DD, and a great pic.

Don't be scared of the OU.


Luv Dad. x

David said...

Fanks Guys!

I'll try not to be Dad :-)

Love you both.

-Deedee